How do I connect my new WD Thunderbolt Drive to my 2007 iMac?
I've just bought a Thunderbolt external drive to use with my iMac 2007. The only connection that comes with the drive is a Thunderbolt cable. How do I connect the drive to the Mac? is there a Thunderbolt to Firewire or to USB connector?
1 Answer from the Community
Thunderbolt is not backwards compatible at all because it is basically a revised mini display port that can also do hi speed data and other things. My point is that this technology will not work with old technology. So unfortunately there is no way to do what you are trying to do, sorry :( The best way I can explain it would be to compare it to trying to put a floppy disk into a cd drive.....it just doesn't work :P
- Answered by Jonathan D from Gilbert
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can i connect an external DVR hard drive (from a CCTV system) into a 2015 new Imac using the thunderbolt?
- Asked by Geoff A
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect an external DVR hard drive (from a CCTV system) into a 2015 new Imac using the thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
I have an older iMac 27" circa 2009 as well as a new MacBook Pro. Can this drive be connected via FW800 to the iMac?
- Asked by Steven M
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an older iMac 27" circa 2009 as well as a new MacBook Pro. Can this drive be connected via FW800 to the iMac?)
- Asked about: LaCie 8TB 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 R…