ok so I have a brand new MacBook pro(2018) and I have a Sony vx2100 and I'm not sure what adapter to get.
does the apple thunderbolt firewire adapter come with both the usb and firewire connections or do I need to buy two different adapters?
(my Mac only has two ports)
2 Answers from the Community
1) The Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter was made for Thunderbolt (also compatible with Thunderbolt 2). It does not come with a Thunderbolt 3 adapter.
2) To connect the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter to the MacBook Pro, you also need the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (other manufacturers make a similar adapter, but they are more expensive, might be incompatible with macOS, and don't have the bidirectional feature that lets you use Thunderbolt 3 devices with a Thunderbolt 2 computer - but you don't need that last feature).
3) You'll also need an i.LINK to FireWire 800 cable (4 pin to 9 pin). Search for FireWire, i.LINK, or IEEE-1394.
4) Instead of 1 and 2, you could use a OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can't you transfer stuff from the camera to the MacBook with the memory card? You'd need a USB-C hub and memory card reader, I think.
- Answered by Harold L A from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
With an adapter, does this monitor work with a Sony Playstation 4?
- Asked by Christopher S from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (With an adapter, does this monitor work with a Sony Playstation 4?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Is it better to get the adapter or just buy a new Magsafe 2 power supply?
- Asked by Henry H from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it better to get the adapter or just buy a new Magsafe 2 power supply?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
can i connect my new 2018 macbook pro to my 2012 thunderbolt display
- Asked by Sonia N from Manhattan Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my new 2018 macbook pro to my 2012 thunderbolt display)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…