how do you tell the difference between a 60-watt charger and an 85-watt charger?
2 Answers from the Community
On the prong side, the side that houses the wall. It will say the watts in a square followed by MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, eother 45W, 60W or 85W in the box. It's in the biggest font and on the top of all the writing and info is on the charger. Also if you get a charger that is rated higher than what you need there is if you use that charger. For example I have a 13in rMBP and it's original charger is 60W MagSafe 2 adapter. But I use my girlfriend's charger which is an 85W MagSafe 2 adapter for her 15in rMBP. The charger charges my rMBP just fine. But if she were to use mine, her computer would take long than usual.
- Answered by Gustavo C from Madera
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
By site they look very similar but the lower watt chargers are a little smaller and lighter. The best way to be sure is to look at the underside of the charger. The watts are written there.
- Answered by Michael K from Kawasaki-shi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
which wireless charger has the most amount of watts. i heard there is a 12 watt wireless charger
- Asked by Henry O from Teaneck
- Flag as inappropriate (which wireless charger has the most amount of watts. i heard there is a 12 watt wireless charger)
- Asked about: mophie wireless charging base
What are the advantages and disadvantages of low vs high amps and watts?
- Asked by John P from Montgomery
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the advantages and disadvantages of low vs high amps and watts?)
- Asked about: Belkin Car Charger (2.4A/12W) with …