Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes since both support USB. You would be surprised at what a Mac Can Do.
- Answered by Richard B from Fulton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?
- Asked by Peiyu L from Riverton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
I am confused between Apple USB superdrive and the Macbook Air superdrive MBAC
- Asked by Dinah E from Baybay Leyte
- Flag as inappropriate (I am confused between Apple USB superdrive and the Macbook Air superdrive MBAC)
HDMI to DVI to Displayport. READ DESCRIPTION FOR QUESTION.
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI to DVI to Displayport. READ DESCRIPTION FOR QUESTION.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter