I have a pioneer AVH-4000NEX can I use the lighting side of the adapter for Apple car play as well as the hdmi side for movies?
1 Answer from the Community
Short answer: NO. :(
I just had a Pioneer 6000NEX installed today. Had to drive to the nearest Apple store to purchase the Lightning Digital AV Adapter as my audio shop claimed that Apple would not allow them to carry it. When I plugged it into my iPhone 5, the 6000NEX indicted "Unsupported USB" and would only allow me to used the Bluetooth connectivity. The HDMI side of things worked great from mirroring my phone's display, video playback through virtually any app, etc. The volume on said video was lower than connecting without the adapter though. Hopefully Apple will address this with future upgrade to the adapter or whatever. This is slightly disappointing as I paid for a variety of extra cables/adapters so that my 6000NEX would have maximum functionality and since iPhone connectivity/integration was my primary consideration when purchasing a new head unit.
- Answered by Adrian O from Lawton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I want to have two HDMI displays side-by-side and still be plugged into power... Can you daisy-chain these adapters together like thunderbolt?
- Asked by Nathan P from Auburn
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to have two HDMI displays side-by-side and still be plugged into power... Can you daisy-chain these adapters together like thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
WIll this work if I plug an HDMI cable in?
- Asked by Keegan S from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (WIll this work if I plug an HDMI cable in?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter