Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?
I don't see an extension cable anywhere on the web site.
I have the extremely useful 10W adapter that has a long cable that allows me to use my iPad and have it plugged into the wall socket.
Now I need the same for my iPhone.
(it came with a ridiculous little charging cable, which is okay as long as Apple offers an extension).
But from other users I gather that there's no cable with this 12W adapter.
Please tell me Apple didn't replace the 10W adapter with one that has no available extension.
- Asked by fn from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?)
2 Answers from the Community
Actually, this adapter uses the same extension cable that you're using with the 10V version. You are good to go.
- Answered by David P from Reno
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This 12w adapter plugs directly into the wall outlet using a flip out plug. The old style adapter is discontinued. The solution to your problem is ridiculously simple.
Actually it's embarrassingly simple:
Just plug the charger (12w or 5w) into a ordinary household extension cord of any length convenient for you and plug the usb to iphone cord into your iphone and well that's it.
As I said, simple!
- Answered by Steven K from Brookline
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
When should I use then 5W or the 12 W power adapter? What is the difference? I have iphone 6s plus and ipad mini 4.
- Asked by Rachel A S from Merion Station
- Flag as inappropriate (When should I use then 5W or the 12 W power adapter? What is the difference? I have iphone 6s plus and ipad mini 4.)
- Asked about: Apple 5W USB Power Adapter
Will this work with 60w Magsafe 2 Power Adapter?
- Asked by Peishan Z from West Lafayette
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with 60w Magsafe 2 Power Adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
How do you supply power to this adapter?
- Asked by Ashwin C from Warring Ton
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you supply power to this adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter