will this cable work to connect 2 thunderbolt ported iMac 27" 3.4 i7 to3.4 i5 to make video connection not mirrored but 1 mouse works both screens
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, it will make one of the iMacs to work as a external display. Just hit Ctrl+F2 on the iMac you want to be the main one.
- Answered by Fabio T from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Control F2 on the mac that will be the slave monitor, also the keyboard and mouse will not work while in this mode on slave iMac, control F2 to deactivate to normal condition both work independently again
- Answered by Dean D from Honolulu
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will this cable work with a thunderbolt 2 port?
- Asked by Thomas L from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (will this cable work with a thunderbolt 2 port?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
What cable do I need to connect 3.1GHz imac to VGA? There is no video port on it.
- Asked by James S from Grand Blanc
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to connect 3.1GHz imac to VGA? There is no video port on it.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter