lightning to usb 3.0 cable?
just wondering with the new iphone 5s if there is a lightning to USB 3.0 cable? not that i know it would be different
- Asked by Robert S G from Ukiah
- Flag as inappropriate (lightning to usb 3.0 cable?)
3 Answers from the Community
The above answer is egregiously false. USB 3 cables and USB 2 cables are not the same. USB 3 used nine electrical connections instead of four. In order to use USB 3 speeds, the cable *and* the device on each end need to support it. If that's not the case, most devices will operate at USB 2 speeds.
None, Apple included makes any Lightning cable which support USB 3. To the best of my knowledge Apple has never manufactured any peripheral using USB 3, as until the new USB Type-C Macbook, they favored Thunderbolt for high-speed connections.
- Answered by Samuel W from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No there is not.
- Answered by Philip K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
not for iPhone but apple has made usb 3.0 peripherals on macs mine from 2012 has usb 3.0 ports and I am 100% certain it does
- Answered by Nicholas S from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is iPod classic charging cable compatible with usb 3.0
- Asked by Susan M from Telford
- Flag as inappropriate (Is iPod classic charging cable compatible with usb 3.0)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable