Have I understood correctly from the keynote...this adapter is compatible with usb to ethernet adapter for non-wifi internet access?
In addition to the above question, can this be used with a 30-pin to lightning connector also with an ethernet adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, using iOS 10.2.1 I was able to hook an Apple USB to Ethernet adapter to the USB to lightning adapter for wired access. This worked with iPad Pro (9.7") and iPhone 7 (with battery case). In Settings, you will see an Ethernet option that tells you the IP address but the WiFi symbol (or cellular) will disappear on the front screen.
You will need to hook the Camera (USB3) adapter to a 12W power source for this to work, but since you're now wired anyway, this was no biggie.
As for the 30 pin question... I have no idea. :(
- Answered by Edward S from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Compatible for use with the Apple USB Ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Joshua L from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible for use with the Apple USB Ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Can I plug the iPad camera connection kit into the iPad and then plug the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter into that to access internet without wifi??
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug the iPad camera connection kit into the iPad and then plug the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter into that to access internet without wifi??)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit