Can someone share how the Chinese Pinyin keyboard would wok better than an English layout with Apple's 'virtual pinyin keyboard'?
I'm curious as to whether to get the Chinese Pinyin layout now that I work in China and am learning Chinese.
For now, I'm used to using Apple's virtual keyboard for pinyin so if someone has the Chinese Pinyin layout, can you explain the differences in how you input pinyin with this layout? Currently, Apple's virtual layout requires me to hold 'option key + corresponding letter' for the 'accent' if I wanted to type the pinyin out and not the actual Chinese characters. For instance option+e and then e = é
I have not graduated to typing actual Chinese characters yet. :(
1 Answer from the Community
I absolutely had no idea that there is really a keyboard specially for Chinese pinyin input. Well, I have been using the ASIN or ISO layouts from my day one of using a computer and I have never felt any inconvenience.
I am not sure like in your case if the alphabets of pinyin and English are of the same fonts, for the ones they share? Like if a lower capital English letter “a” is no difference from the “a”, without the “accent”,from pinyin seen from the Mac? If so, I will say a regular ASIN or ISO keyboard will be good enough. I think the only possibly-confusing part is that the “V” key functions as “ü”.
But if the “accent”s must be properly added to them to create a “hand writing-like” layout, forget about what I just said and you probably need the specific pinyin input methods.
- Answered by Hanlin Y from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is there a keyboard for Australian or UK English?
- Asked by Helene B from Harden
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a keyboard for Australian or UK English?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 12.9‑inch iPad P…
Can the 12W USB Power Adapter be used to charge the Apple Pencil? What about the Apple Magic Keyboard?
- Asked by David C from Ames
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the 12W USB Power Adapter be used to charge the Apple Pencil? What about the Apple Magic Keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
if I purchased a laptop with an Arabic keyboard, does the kekeyboar will be bilingual (English/Arabic) keyboard?
- Asked by Ammar B from London
- Flag as inappropriate (if I purchased a laptop with an Arabic keyboard, does the kekeyboar will be bilingual (English/Arabic) keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive