How do you connect it to the in-flight entertainment / armrest jack on a plane?
In-Flight entertainments in almost all carriers require plugging into the armrest jack to listen / watch movies on the plane.
2 Answers from the Community
I have been wondering the same thing. My iPhone X came with ear phones that have a male lightning plug at the end. After a recent trip to Israel I realize I could not use them on the airplane since the adapter on the armrest requires a dual 3.5 mm jack. After returning home I have searched high and low trying to find an aftermarket accessory that would convert my earphones. I am looking for a female lightning end to male 3.5mm jack. Once you have secured that, you can then purchase a 3.5 adapter with a dual end for the armrest. However, I have been unsuccessful in finding the adapter. Thanks Apple, for making it so we have to carry additional items that we shouldn’t have to have. If anyone finds such a creature, please post.
- Answered by Deawna B from Little Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Since this device does not have a 3.5mm heaphone jack and instead only operates over Bluetooth it is not possible to ‘plug them in’ unless the in-flight entertainment system supports Bluetooth in which case you could use them wirelessly. I have not heard of an airlines in-flight entertainment system supporting connection over Bluetooth yet so we’ll have to presume this is not yet a capability available; however more often than not the bigger ailines provide you with a free wired headset to use with these systems.
I personally can not recommend these headphones enough, however could see how not being able to use them for the in-flight entertainment system if you fly a lot could be a drawback. Maybe the urBeats3 Earphones with 3.5mm Plug is more suited to your needs, these can be found on the Apple Store website too and come in a similar look and feel to the BeatsX, just in a wired form factor.
Hope this has helped.
- Answered by Thomas D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have a 2013 Mercedes ML equipped with the rear entertainment system. Can I sue this adapter to stream video from my I phone 6? Anything else needed
- Asked by Jason K from Pompano Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 2013 Mercedes ML equipped with the rear entertainment system. Can I sue this adapter to stream video from my I phone 6? Anything else needed)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Will this cable work to connect my MacBook Air, which only has a Thunderbolt jack, not a Mini DisplayPort jack?
- Asked by Rebecca R from Waterloo
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work to connect my MacBook Air, which only has a Thunderbolt jack, not a Mini DisplayPort jack?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
Can you connect wired headphones and AirPods to a new MacBook Pro at the same time? Trying to find the best solution for my wife and I on flights...
- Asked by Robert S from New Market
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect wired headphones and AirPods to a new MacBook Pro at the same time? Trying to find the best solution for my wife and I on flights...)
- Asked about: AirPods