What is the compatibility with the macbooks? What about windows laptop (I was issue a lenovo thinkpad for work)?
5 Answers from the Community
They will work with any bluetooth device but, to use the easy pairing mode you do need an macOS, iOS or watchOS device
- Answered by Maxuel L from Winthrop
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
They do use Siri to control the devices. And on the requirements it shows iPhone with iOS and up, Watch with watchOS 3 and up and mac computer with Sierra and up. It does not mention windows or any other Bluetooth devices. It could work as just normal Bluetooth speakers but we don't have any information on it.
- Answered by Julio R from 港区
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models with iOS 10 or later
Apple Watch models with watchOS 3 or later
Mac models with macOS Sierra or later
- Answered by Colin M from Williamsburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
AirPods require iOS 10 or MacOS Sierra or newer, and therefore will not work with any PC running windows.
- Answered by Michael G from Eastchester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Phil Schiller told us at the keynote, "How do you set them up? You simply put a pair of AirPods in your iPhone and open the case. The user interface pops up and says connect and you tap Connect and that’s it. There’s no step two, there’s nothing else to do. You simply connect. And that one step also connects you with your Apple Watch. So you’re automatically set up for both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, you can start listening and as you have playback on either device, AirPods automatically switch to whatever device you are using. In fact, we also use iCloud to propagate that set-up across your iPads and your Macs as well. So one step set-up across all your devices. It’s that easy."
- Answered by Daniel L from Hendersonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Can I use this with a windows laptop?
- Asked by Christian A from Indianapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with a windows laptop?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Compatibility with windows
- Asked by Leon K
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with windows)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
No answers yet
Can I connect Lenovo laptop (with VGA port) to an '08 Macbook (not pro) that only has USB ports to get extended screens?
- Asked by Melanie K from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect Lenovo laptop (with VGA port) to an '08 Macbook (not pro) that only has USB ports to get extended screens?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…