Where is the mic located on AirPods?
I am wondering how does AirPods perform a better noise cancellation? If the mic located on the top part then it could collect voice from insight of ear. If the mic located on the bottom, then it has to collect the voice from mouse through the air. So can anyone tell me where exactly the mic located? Thanks!
- Asked by Tian C from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Where is the mic located on AirPods?)
1 Answer from the Community
There are two mics on each AirPod. One is located at the bottom, used mainly for voice detection/input. The other is used mainly for noise cancellation and is located at the top of each AirPod.
- Answered by Alan H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the mic located in the volume controller like normal?
- Asked by Nathaniel W from Phoenix
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the mic located in the volume controller like normal?)
- Asked about: EarPods with Lightning Connector