can i connect my new 2018 macbook pro to my 2012 thunderbolt display
- Asked by fn from Manhattan Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my new 2018 macbook pro to my 2012 thunderbolt display)
1 Answer from the Community
I have a 13-inch 2018 MacBook Pro, the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allows me to connect to the thunderbolt display, and the graphics are working fine.
The USB ports also functioned without a problem.
To get the ethernet on the display working, I had to disconnect the USB-C adapter, delete (AFAIR) the Thunderbolt Bridge from the network preferences, and then reconnect the adapter.
- Answered by Patrick M from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this connect an older Thunderbolt 27" display to the new 16" MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Jami K from Castle Rock
- 21 Jan 2020
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this connect an older Thunderbolt 27" display to the new 16" MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …