Can i use this cable to transfer data from a 2014 MacBook air 11 inch to a 2018 MacBook 12-inch? I tried the migration wirelessly but did not work.
Transferring data from MacBook Air to new MacBook.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes you can, according to Apple support document HT207266 "About the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter".
It says "You can also use the Thunderbolt port of this adapter to connect an external hard drive, dock, Mac, or other device that uses a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 cable for data transfer. This adapter supports data-transfer speeds up to 10Gbps with Thunderbolt devices, and up to 20Gbps with Thunderbolt 2 devices.
This adapter is bidirectional, which means you can use it to connect Thunderbolt 3 devices to a Mac that has a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port. In that case, the Mac must be using macOS Sierra or later, and the device using Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) must provide its own power."
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I charge my Ipad pro 11 inches with the charger of my MacBook Pro 2018?
- Asked by Haotian N from 嘉兴市
- 13 Feb 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge my Ipad pro 11 inches with the charger of my MacBook Pro 2018?)
- Asked about: iPad
is it work with MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
- Asked by Vu N from Garland
- 16 May 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (is it work with MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014))
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU