Will this work with a monitor (e.g. Dell P2715Q 4K Monitor) that has a Mini Display Port?
mDP is the same connector as TB2 and you could drive mDP displays from TB2
1 Answer from the Community
The Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter is only for Thunderbolt devices. It will not pass DisplayPort signals.
You need a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the dock support a 4k monitor at 30Hz or 60Hz through the mini display port?
- Asked by Timothy H from Raleigh
- 7 Jun 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the dock support a 4k monitor at 30Hz or 60Hz through the mini display port?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
can it power a 4k monitor?
- Asked by Thomas T from Winnipeg
- 28 Oct 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (can it power a 4k monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet