Does this charger sense when it's connected?
i.e. If left plugged in to a power outlet when not connected to a device will it still draw current?
I'll be using it to charge a Touchbar MBP 15". With my previous MBP I would charge it from my Thunderbolt monitor, which only supplied current when the MBP was connected. Since a MagSafe to USB-C adapter is not available I will have to use this charger instead but will need to leave it connected to the wall socket behind my desk and I don't want it to be wasting current through the transformer all day while I'm out.
Thanks in advance.
1 Answer from the Community
Hi there, There is no way to safely say that it wont be pulling energy but if it is warm while its not plugged in to anything its pulling more than 0.5 Watts if it is not warm then it most likely will be pulling 0.5 Watts
- Answered by Christian C from Corona
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How does the apple watch 3 sense heart rate?
- Asked by Tom K from Palo Alto
- 9 Mar 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the apple watch 3 sense heart rate?)
- Asked about: Watch
Do you have to charge it when you first get it?
- Asked by Gail S from Elizabethtown
- 12 Dec 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have to charge it when you first get it?)
- Asked about: Belkin BOOST UP Special Edition Wir…
Does this assessory also act as a charger?
- Asked by Tammy M from Upper Strasburg
- 7 Sep 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this assessory also act as a charger?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…