I have a iPad Pro 9.7”. Can I charge with this adapter. I already have one for my MacBook, so I can use that for my iPad. I don’t need faster-charging
1 Answer from the Community
TLDR: Yes, paired with an Apple USB-C to Lightning Cable, it will charge any Apple Lightning device.
I use +Apple's USB-C to Lightning Cable to charge my iPad Air 2 9.7", iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 7 and wife's iPhone X. It charges all the devices without issue. Drastically faster charging on my iPhone 7, the iPhone X and the iPad Pro 10.5". The iPad Air 2 gets charged very infrequently (rarely used) but it charges that at least as quickly as the 12W adapter that came with that one. I would expect that it would charge your iPad Pro 9.7" at least as quickly as the included charger, perhaps faster. Just make sure you have the correct cable, it does not have a standard USB-A output port.
Anecdotally, I also use it to charge my Nintendo Switch in portable mode (have not tested personally, but have read that it does NOT work with the Switch Dock in TV Mode, but it will charge the Switch in portable mode). I've used it to charge USB-C battery packs and even tried charging an Apple Pencil with it. No issues at at all.
- Answered by Scott S from Laguna Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How long does 6 generation 9.7’ iPad takes to charge completely?
- Asked by Deependra S from Lucknow
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does 6 generation 9.7’ iPad takes to charge completely?)
- Asked about: iPad
Does the new 2018 9,7" iPad support fast charging using the Apple USB-C charger?
- Asked by Thorsten K
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new 2018 9,7" iPad support fast charging using the Apple USB-C charger?)
- Asked about: iPad
Can lightening cable be used with 12w charger for ipad pro 9.7? How much faster will it charge?
- Asked by Sandra B from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Can lightening cable be used with 12w charger for ipad pro 9.7? How much faster will it charge?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter