How do you connect it to the in-flight entertainment / armrest jack on a plane?
In-Flight entertainments in almost all carriers require plugging into the armrest jack to listen / watch movies on the plane.
2 Answers from the Community
I have been wondering the same thing. My iPhone X came with ear phones that have a male lightning plug at the end. After a recent trip to Israel I realize I could not use them on the airplane since the adapter on the armrest requires a dual 3.5 mm jack. After returning home I have searched high and low trying to find an aftermarket accessory that would convert my earphones. I am looking for a female lightning end to male 3.5mm jack. Once you have secured that, you can then purchase a 3.5 adapter with a dual end for the armrest. However, I have been unsuccessful in finding the adapter. Thanks Apple, for making it so we have to carry additional items that we shouldn’t have to have. If anyone finds such a creature, please post.
- Answered by Deawna B from Little Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Since this device does not have a 3.5mm heaphone jack and instead only operates over Bluetooth it is not possible to ‘plug them in’ unless the in-flight entertainment system supports Bluetooth in which case you could use them wirelessly. I have not heard of an airlines in-flight entertainment system supporting connection over Bluetooth yet so we’ll have to presume this is not yet a capability available; however more often than not the bigger ailines provide you with a free wired headset to use with these systems.
I personally can not recommend these headphones enough, however could see how not being able to use them for the in-flight entertainment system if you fly a lot could be a drawback. Maybe the urBeats3 Earphones with 3.5mm Plug is more suited to your needs, these can be found on the Apple Store website too and come in a similar look and feel to the BeatsX, just in a wired form factor.
Hope this has helped.
- Answered by Thomas D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I am going to buy 2018 HONDA ODESSEY with rear entertainment system (RES). There is a HDMI port there. Can I connect it my Iphone 8 through this adapt
- Asked by Yunzhi C from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (I am going to buy 2018 HONDA ODESSEY with rear entertainment system (RES). There is a HDMI port there. Can I connect it my Iphone 8 through this adapt)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Will this cable also connect the iPhone 6 to a car headphone jack?
- Asked by Kirsten L from Germantown
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable also connect the iPhone 6 to a car headphone jack?)
- Asked about: Beats RemoteTalk Cable
I can buy only the cable adapter or cable jack
- Asked by Loudvick L
- Flag as inappropriate (I can buy only the cable adapter or cable jack)
- Asked about: Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphones - Bla…
No answers yet