What is the difference between Twelve south compass stand and twelve south compass 2 stand for iPad l?
- Asked by Frederick H from Seattle
- Asked about: Twelve South Compass 2 Stand for iP…
3 Answers from the Community
Just picked it up and as a Compass '1' owner, this new version improves:
- the back leg locks into place so it's sturdier
- the rocking and slight tilt is gone from the original due to thicker legs and a more hefty frame
- although heftier, it's remarkably lighter
- has a better carrying case with a cinch string top
- the width when opened is more expansive and more pitched so the angle is better to read/watch
- more stable too
- the rubber accents are a bit more pronounced
Definitely worth it if you have used the original or want a simple stand with craftsmanship
and sleek looks. Love the fact that it's steel and not plastic.
- Answered by Chris G from Totowa
I spent some time looking at the photo gallery and as near as I can tell, there are two differences: 1) the back leg 'locks' into position and 2) the pegs that the tablet sits on are higher on the legs so the tablet is higher off the desk surface than with the first-gen Compass.
- Answered by David R from Carmichael
the arms are higher so you can charge the iPad in portrait mode
- Answered by Bridget L from Mount Pleasant