Similar questions from the community
Can I use these with an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 with AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB video card)? Is there a Thunderbolt-2 to USB-C adaptor
Would this work with the older 15" MacBook Pro Retinas with their thunderbolt 2 ports and my PC that has a GTX 980Ti STRIX GPU?
Will this display work with both a Windows PC and a Mac? Also, can you daisy-chain two monitors and have it work with both a Windows PC and Mac?
My personal computer is a 2014 MacBook Pro Retina and my work computer is a 2016 HP EliteBook with USB-C port. I'm hoping that since this display supports USB-C that I can use either my personal or work computer with it (and daisy-chain two monitors for dual-monitor functionality).
- Asked by Bret O from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this display work with both a Windows PC and a Mac? Also, can you daisy-chain two monitors and have it work with both a Windows PC and Mac?)
What is the refresh rate for this monitor when connected to a MacBook (2016 or 2015)? Does it reach 60Hz or is it stuck at 30Hz?
- Asked by Jason D from Yaroomba
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the refresh rate for this monitor when connected to a MacBook (2016 or 2015)? Does it reach 60Hz or is it stuck at 30Hz?)
Will this run at 60hz on the Retina 12 inch MacBook early 2016?
- Asked by Nathan B from Adelaide
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this run at 60hz on the Retina 12 inch MacBook early 2016?)
Can you connect 2x LG UltrafIne 4k to the USB-C ports at the back of the lg ultrafine 5k display connected via Thunderbolt3 to MBP 2018?
Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?
I'm wondering if I can drive this monitor from a USB-C-to-DisplayPort Cable.
I am looking at the upcoming Thunderbolt 3 docking stations, and all of the products announced only have 2 Thunderbolt-3 ports on them. Most have either HDMI or Displayport ports as well, though. I'm obsessive about cables/mess, and only want to have one connection running into my 2016 MacBook Pro with Touchbar.
My thinking is that I can use a USB-C-to-DisplayPort cable into the monitor from the dock, as the specs show that the Displayport on the dock can do 4K video.
1st, Will this actually work? I'm assuming it will.
2nd, Will all of the Monitor controls still work? I love how this monitor has all the brightness/color setting controlled through system preferences, and I would want this functionality to work as well.
Has anyone tested either of these things?
For reference, I am looking at the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD, and the Henge Docks Tethered Dock for MacBook Pro 2016 (Thunderbolt 3).
- Asked by James F from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?)
Does this monitor work with windows computer as well? How do you switch if two devices are attached at the same time?
I'd like to attach both my 12-inch macbook and my windows-laptop (using the USB-C go display port adapter). Is that possible? How do I switch between the two devices if both are attached at the same time (I unterstand there are no buttons and switches on the monitor itself).
Can I turn off the charging of the macbook from the monitor
Can I turn off the charging of the macbook from the monitor (when I already have a full charge of the battery), but at the same time that the monitor is connected and I could work with it.
- Asked by Sergey K
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I turn off the charging of the macbook from the monitor)
Will this work with the New XPS 15 via its thunderbolt port and is this calibrated out of the box and how much of the ARGB AND SRGB does it cover
How much of the adobe RGB and sRGB depcturm does the monitor cover
What is the Extended Warrantee on this Monitor? It's not eligible for AppleCare. We need a 3-year guarantee, but there is no information from LG.
This is a high-end monitor that needs to work for some time to cover the initial investment. But the Apple Store only mentions a "one-year limited", which is obviously not enough. And competing manufacturers offer a lot more.
- Asked by Richard D from Santa Monica
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the Extended Warrantee on this Monitor? It's not eligible for AppleCare. We need a 3-year guarantee, but there is no information from LG.)
Can this be used as an extra monitor for an iMac Pro?
The 5K version of this monitor clearly specifies that the interface is Thunderbolt 3. This one only says USB-C. But non-thunderbolt monitors don't seem to work on the iMac Pro.
- Asked by Alexandre B from Bruichladdich
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as an extra monitor for an iMac Pro?)