Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Could I use this adapter to connect my Digidesign 003 factory to my iMac thunderbolt connect or would it lack sufficient power?
I have a sony handicam dcr-trv460 ntsc. I would like to transfer tapes to my new macbook air. what cable do i need? ilink on handicam to thunderbolt.
I can't find anything specific to tell me what I need. The pictures and diagrams look like they won't fit the thurnderbolt connection. Everything I see has squared corners. ....thanks.
- Asked by Keith B from Maryville
- 29 Mar 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a sony handicam dcr-trv460 ntsc. I would like to transfer tapes to my new macbook air. what cable do i need? ilink on handicam to thunderbolt.)
do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by Henry R from Chandler
- 12 Jun 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)
the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter a good solution to transfer data from a firewire macbook pro to a new thunderbolt macbook air?
- Asked by Robert S from Coronado
- 17 Jun 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter a good solution to transfer data from a firewire macbook pro to a new thunderbolt macbook air?)
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
Majority of medium format camera digital backs equip with Firewire connectivity instead of USB 3.0, is this adapter capable to be used to connect and power a digital bak of that kind, so as the image transfer? For brand like Phase One, Leaf or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- 3 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)
Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?
I have an iMac 27 inch (mid 2011) with two thunderbolt slots. (1) Can i connect my WD "My Passport" external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor; (2) Will that quicken the pace of data transfer (for backup, time-machine etc.)? (3) Am also planning on upgrading to a new iMac in a few months (when the new iMacs are announced), so will I be able to transfer all my data from my old iMac quicker using a thunderbolt connection from my external drive? Thanks kindly for any assistance.
- Asked by Ilan K from Toronto
- 31 Jan 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?)
Hiw do I connect Nikon Coolscan 8000 to iMac Core i5 2017 model
I have a Nikon Super CoolScan 8000 Scanner and need to connect it (FireWire) to an iMac 27” Core i5 2017 model...
What connector/s would I need to use...?
- Asked by Daniel S from Halfmoon Bay
- 29 Nov 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Hiw do I connect Nikon Coolscan 8000 to iMac Core i5 2017 model)
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
I want to use this adapter with a 2011 MacBook Pro still loaded with Snow Leopard and don't wish to update to Lion.
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- 3 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
Will this work with an iPod (touch wheel), which has an FireWire 400 port, connected via this particular adapter and an adapter FireWire 800 to 400?
Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?
With the new Mac Mini (2014) no longer having FW, can the FW ports at the back of my 20" Cinema Display (Alu) be powered via this adapter? The display has 2USB2 and 2 FW400 ports at back and would be connected using Apple's HDMI-DVI, the USB cable plugs directly into the Mini's USB3 port but for FW I'd have to use this adapter.
- Asked by Francesco P from Montreal
- 18 Oct 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?)
trying to transfer from a 2009 iMac to a 2013 iMac with thunderbolt adaptor and firewire but it's not giving me that option, only ethernet or wifi...h
Can the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter be used for capturing video from DV recorders and/or cameras? Thanks in advance for any response
can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?
I only have lightening style headphone (no bluetooth time/wireless, can I use the firewire / lightening adapter to listen to music through my lightening earphones. is there any combonation of cables that will allow me to use lightening cabled earphones to listen to music on my mac book pro build 2016?
- Asked by Janice L from Lacey
- 12 Feb 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?)