Similar questions from the community
Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?
I have this adapter and an iPad Pro. When using it to connect my 1080p monitor it shows "1080p" resolution but there are black bars left and right. So the optimal monitor would have to be 4:3 (as the iPad) but since the black bars are embedded into the image it would also have to crop them. Any suggestion for a monitor that can do this?
- Asked by Christian T
- 4 Aug 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?
resolution hdmi ipad pro 10.5 2017 ?
Hello, what is the maximum resolution we can setup with an ipad pro 10.5 2017 with the Lightning Digital AV Adapter ?
- Asked by Daniel P
- 14 Oct 2019
- Flag as inappropriate resolution hdmi ipad pro 10.5 2017 ?
No answers yet
Is this compatible with touch screen monitor? Can you control device from screen?
Connecting to NEC touchscreen monitor, I want to have people navigate on the screen and have it work on the ipad. Can you push control through the HDMI connection?
- Asked by Frank R from Cambridge
- 16 Sep 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Is this compatible with touch screen monitor? Can you control device from screen?
Is it possible to connect a keyboard to the monitor hooked to the iphone so you can use the keyboard on the iphone?
I have an iphone with a defect display so i need to see the iphone screen on the monitor. If the monitor has usb ports I would like to connect a keyboard to the usb ports of the monitor to unlock the iphone. Is this possible?
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work: 1. Plug this into my iPad; 2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter; 3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port; 4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and 5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- 22 Jan 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Can this be used to send audio signal from Apple devices to an HDMI equipped DAC? What are max bit and sample rates? #Audiophile
High resolution audio from Lightning Digital AV Adapter
- Asked by Greg F from Canmore
- 23 Jan 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can this be used to send audio signal from Apple devices to an HDMI equipped DAC? What are max bit and sample rates? #Audiophile
Can the Lightning Digital AV Adaptor be used to connect to and upload movies and high resolution audio from an external Blu Ray burner/player?
- Asked by John J from Jackson
- 11 Apr 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can the Lightning Digital AV Adaptor be used to connect to and upload movies and high resolution audio from an external Blu Ray burner/player?
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- 25 Aug 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work? 1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port. 2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port. 3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone. With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 18 Jan 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not. I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.
Will this work on my iPad Air 5th gen (wifi only)? I noticed that some similar products states that you need 3g and hotspots to connect to TV.
I want to connect my iPad to a projector and sound system for karaoke. This adaptor for hdmi to projector for visual can I still have 3.5 output from?
Can i watch Netflix from my iPAD pro retina display IOS 12.X on my TV using the digital lightining to HDMI adaptor ?
Hi, I am looking to buy a Digital lightining to HDMI AV adaptor, to stream videos and movies from Netflix on my TV/projector I am using an iPAD pro 10.1” running IOS 12.1.1 I heard a lot of rumors that the adaptor after IOS 11 wasn’t streaming Netflix movies on the TV because of an issue with the ARM chip in the adaptor, does this still the case in IOS 12?
- Asked by Ahmed Y from Cairo
- 2 Jan 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Can i watch Netflix from my iPAD pro retina display IOS 12.X on my TV using the digital lightining to HDMI adaptor ?
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor. However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video. It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format. Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format. (I don't use any copy-protected video) So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port? Thanks,
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- 16 Sep 2016
- Flag as inappropriate What color format does it output through HDMI?
No answers yet