Similar questions from the community
Is it possible to connect a keyboard to the monitor hooked to the iphone so you can use the keyboard on the iphone?
I have an iphone with a defect display so i need to see the iphone screen on the monitor. If the monitor has usb ports I would like to connect a keyboard to the usb ports of the monitor to unlock the iphone. Is this possible?
Can I use this to make my iPad a secondary monitor?
- Asked by Tania R from Great Neck
- 30 Jul 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to make my iPad a secondary monitor?)
Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?
I have this adapter and an iPad Pro. When using it to connect my 1080p monitor it shows "1080p" resolution but there are black bars left and right. So the optimal monitor would have to be 4:3 (as the iPad) but since the black bars are embedded into the image it would also have to crop them. Any suggestion for a monitor that can do this?
- Asked by Christian T
- 4 Aug 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?)
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- 25 Aug 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 18 Jan 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- 16 Sep 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet