Similar questions from the community
iPhone 6s+ Lightning to HDMI or USB on AXIA micro projector.
II have an iPhone 6s+ and an AXIA micro projector. Is it possible to project presentations from my phone? If so what cable do I need to buy?
- Asked by Linda S from Quakertown
- 30 May 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone 6s+ Lightning to HDMI or USB on AXIA micro projector.)
It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?
Audio + video on HDMI is fine for my TV but if I plug HDMI into a projector that does not handle audio I would like to know if audio would still be available simultaneously at the earphone jack. If not I would have no sound unless I also buy some sort of HDMI audio stripper device.
Likewise, is that Lightning connector on the adapter only for pumping in charging power or anything else available there such as digital audio?
I am specifically referring to iPhone 6 running iOS 8.xxx.
- Asked by Steven K from Park Forest
- 26 Feb 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?)
iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi
Hello , i was wonder before i buy an av cable for my iPhone 5 and iPad retina display with lighting connector , will the cable display what i see on my iPad/iPhone5 " Will i see my home screen"?
- Asked by Ryan M
- 26 Dec 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- 16 Sep 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- 25 Aug 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
When using a 40 ft & a 50 ft HDMI cable mirroring would not work. When I changed to a 10 ft HDMI cable it works fine. What's the length restriction?
Does this cable charge the iphone or ipad battery?
While this is an audio and video adapted, how does the device stay charged with this?
- Asked by Matthew Z from Costa Mesa
- 19 Sep 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable charge the iphone or ipad battery?)
Does the lightning Digital A/V Adapter work with iPhone Xs
- Asked by Patricia M from W
- 17 Sep 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the lightning Digital A/V Adapter work with iPhone Xs)
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- 22 Jan 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
Does lovefilm work with this adaptor?
- Asked by Craig S
- 4 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does lovefilm work with this adaptor?)
No answers yet