Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I connect a 27" thunderbolt display to Dell Precision M4500 laptop?
Got a Dell Precision M4500 for my dad. It has a VGA port and a displayport...he likes a big screen so he can see it better. Have a 27" thunderbolt display. What cable do I use to connect the 2?
- Asked by Chris W from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a 27" thunderbolt display to Dell Precision M4500 laptop?)
I would like to split my screen on my mac laptop to HDMI and to VGA. Is that possible with one device?
Essentially I want what is displayed on my Mac to have the ability to be separated on 2 additional screens. Is that possible? This is for work. Thanks
- Asked by Gary S from Staten Island
- Flag as inappropriate (I would like to split my screen on my mac laptop to HDMI and to VGA. Is that possible with one device?)
UAD to Thunderbolt
If you upgrade to a new computer one that doesn't have a express card for your laptop then you have to use the thunderbolt option. What I want to know is what adaptor do you use to connect the UAD card to the thunderbolt cable.
- Asked by Alan W from Decatur
- Flag as inappropriate (UAD to Thunderbolt)
Will this cable work from a Thunderbolt MBP to a FEMALE Thunderbolt jack on a Thunderbolt Display?
I need a longer distance from my MBP to the display than I can get with the Thunderbolt display's builtin Thunderbolt cable.
- Asked by David Y from Los Altos
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work from a Thunderbolt MBP to a FEMALE Thunderbolt jack on a Thunderbolt Display?)
Thunderbolt shorter cable?
Is there a shorter thunderbolt cable?
- Asked by Gabriel R from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt shorter cable?)
What is wrong with USB that I have to use Thunderbolt?
Thunderbolt cables are hugely expensive and don't work on any other equipment I have that's not a Mac powerbook.
What benefit am I getting from Thunderbolt that USB 3 does not deliver?
- Asked by Jonathan B
- Flag as inappropriate (What is wrong with USB that I have to use Thunderbolt?)
Thunderbolt to MINI DVI
What cable do I need to connect a Macbook Air (2011) thunderbolt port to a 24" iMac (2008) DVI port to be able to run the Macbook Air in target mode. In other words, the iMac would act as an external display for the new Macbook Air.
Thank you in advance,
- Asked by Janet R from Lakewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt to MINI DVI)
No answers yet
can i use thunderbolt cable for apple tv
- Asked by Sharareh A from Rancho Cordova
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use thunderbolt cable for apple tv)
How long is the thunderbolt cable?
Looking for long cable. How long is this? Can I buy them in longer lengths or daisy chain them?
- Asked by William W from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the thunderbolt cable?)
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
I upgraded from the Macbook Pro 2010 model to the new Macbook Air. I transfered the data from the Pro to my iMac via firewire. Now I need to transfer the same data from iMac to the new MBA with thunderbolt. Is there a cable that connects the firewire port on my iMac to the thunderbolt port on the new MBA?
can i conect the superdirve with the thunderbolt cable to a macpro
i just brought a macpro and the thunderbolt cable
- Asked by Sammy W from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (can i conect the superdirve with the thunderbolt cable to a macpro)
Which external hard drives have Thunderbolt connections?
- Asked by Robert L from Laguna Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Which external hard drives have Thunderbolt connections?)
Will the Apple Thunderbolt cable work between a Thunderbolt enabled 2011 iMac and a Pre-Thunderbolt (Mini DisplayPort enabled) MacBook Pro?
Simple scenario: I have a 2011 iMac with Thunderbolt inputs and a 2009 MacBook Pro without Thunderbolt inputs (Only Mini DisplayPort input). Will I be able to connect the Apple Thunderbolt cable to both of these and use the MacBook Pro as a second display, adjacent to my iMac?
how can I make use of thunderbolt technology on my older version iMac? I wish to increase data transfer speed on my iMac with thunderbolt or USB 3.0
My iMac has no thunderbolt port.
can thunderbolt cable be used for LAN/internet connection??
i want to use thunderbolt port for ethernet connection so that i get a better internet speed ...can this be done?
- Asked by Sudhanshu M
- Flag as inappropriate (can thunderbolt cable be used for LAN/internet connection??)
Will a Thunderbolt 2 chord work on a MAC Pro from 2009
Will a Thunderbolt 2 chord work on a MAC Pro Tower from 2009 to output to an additional monitor.
- Asked by John R from Avondale
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a Thunderbolt 2 chord work on a MAC Pro from 2009)