Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
USB devices compatilible and power requirements
Is there a list of compatible USB devices? I am searching for a USB RS232 serial adapter.
And which USB Ethernet adapter does not require extra power?
- Asked by Jeroen K from Hong Kong
- Flag as inappropriate (USB devices compatilible and power requirements)
No answers yet
Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?
1. Will this work with iPhone 6 (not listed under compatibility)?
2. Hard to understand exactly what powers this. Is it a power supply? A powered hub? the USB3 connector used for the Mac?
- Asked by Scott M from Stoneham
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?)
Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
I’m looking for an adapter to enable my camera to be transferring photos to my iPad. Since I’m going a trip soon where I’ll not going to take my laptop along with me, so I’m looking for an alternative to transfer my photo from camera to my iPad. However there’s a lot of complaints said this adapter is not functioning, is it true? I’m planning to use it along with my Canon 5D Mark II, iPad Air and iPhone 6.
- Asked by Francis T from Butterworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?)
Will this device work with my Sony D-50 audio recorder? And will it work with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface?
These devices are using universal protocols but I am not sure the adapter + iPad/iPhone support this. It does on OSX though.
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
The description implies that this provides a way to use ethernet and USB hubs and devices with the iPad Pro.
Where can we see documentation of what functionality is available this way. For example, does it mean you could put a USB hub on it, and plug an external RAID drive for storage?
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?
In the compatibility list says it is, but it doesn't work with mine, it says "the connected device requieres too much power". I'm using the iPad power adapter ofcourse. The device i'm trying to connect is a Focusrite 2i2, it works just fine with the iPhone SE, but the iPad is not working with it. Please let me know if there's a fix for this, thanks!
- Asked by Ivan V
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?)
How do you supply power to this adapter?
Its says use USB power adapter but I dont see a micro/mini USB slot to connect to? Do we get a power cable?
- Asked by Ashwin C from Warring Ton
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you supply power to this adapter?)
Will it charge your device and work with iPhones too?
- Asked by Aaron P from Sylmar
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it charge your device and work with iPhones too?)
Can I use this device to copy files from my iCloud drive to another device attached to the USB port?
e.g. I store GPX route files for navigation on my iCloud drive and want to be able to copy them to my Garmin cycle computer using iPad. currently I need a laptop to do this
- Asked by Patrick P
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this device to copy files from my iCloud drive to another device attached to the USB port?)
Does this adapter support Ethernet on an IPad Air 2?
- Asked by Kevin P from Blue Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support Ethernet on an IPad Air 2?)
Does the USB 3 adapter support external hard drives?
Can the USB 3 adapter be used with and external hard drive for storage of photos, music, etc.
- Asked by Walter B from Amherstview
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB 3 adapter support external hard drives?)
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
I would like to know if the USB 3 port is powered, and if so how many watts of power it provides.
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?)
What is the power limitation of this new lightening to USB Adapter. With The previous version I have to use a powered hub to do midi and microphones..