Similar questions from the community
Can I use a Magsafe to USB-c adaptor to charge the new MBP 2018?
I have several Magsafe-1 or 2 chargers for older Macbooks that will just need an adaptor to be usable again with my new MBP, will this be possible?
- Asked by Alberto B from Nyc
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a Magsafe to USB-c adaptor to charge the new MBP 2018?)
Does this charger sense when it's connected?
i.e. If left plugged in to a power outlet when not connected to a device will it still draw current?
I'll be using it to charge a Touchbar MBP 15". With my previous MBP I would charge it from my Thunderbolt monitor, which only supplied current when the MBP was connected. Since a MagSafe to USB-C adapter is not available I will have to use this charger instead but will need to leave it connected to the wall socket behind my desk and I don't want it to be wasting current through the transformer all day while I'm out.
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Andrew G
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charger sense when it's connected?)
Can you attach an older 3-prong (grounded) cord to this brick?
This might be a dumb question, but I'm wondering if I can use the three prong extension cord off my old (2015) macbook's power cable. I'm assuming there is no special amp/wattage etc. considerations to be made for this addition?
- Asked by Jeremy W from Cheyenne
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you attach an older 3-prong (grounded) cord to this brick?)