Questions & Answers for Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
28 Questions from the Community
Can I connect my WD time machine firewire to my iMac using a thunderbolt adaptor
- Asked by Dianne A from Mission Viejo
- 11 Feb 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my WD time machine firewire to my iMac using a thunderbolt adaptor)
The type of firewire is important to get a straight answer, If you have firewire 800/9pin you can use a (Usb 3 to thunderbolt and then a
Thunderbolt to firewire 800/9 pin) Part # A1463 AND A1790 BOTH MADE BY APPLE! Stay away form non apple made connectors they fail
at every turn. My wish would be that apple would make a usb3.0 or 3.? to firewire that would make a lot of Mac people happy!
Hope this helps...
- Answered by Phillip L from Elk Grove
- 30 Jun 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I connect my WD time machine firewire to my iMac using a thunderbolt adaptor)
Will this product connect a tc electronic konnect 8 audio interface to the 2017 imac thunderbolt input? The konnekt 8 has an iE1394 firewire port.
The manual says the Elura 100 has 4-pin connector (IEEE 1394 compliant) so you probably need a Firewire 4-pin to 9-pin (FireWire 800) cable to connect it to the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter (or any FireWire 800 port of a Thunderbolt dock).
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- 10 Jan 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what cables are needed to connect 2014 iMac to Canon Elura 100 for movie transfer??)
No. This adaptor is used to connect Firewire devices to a Thunderbolt port on your machine.
- Answered by James S from Gordon
- 3 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is it possible to connect a Thunderbolt drive to a mac with Firewire using this adaptor?)
Hiw do I connect Nikon Coolscan 8000 to iMac Core i5 2017 model
I have a Nikon Super CoolScan 8000 Scanner and need to connect it (FireWire) to an iMac 27” Core i5 2017 model...
What connector/s would I need to use...?
- Asked by Daniel S from Halfmoon Bay
- 29 Nov 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Hiw do I connect Nikon Coolscan 8000 to iMac Core i5 2017 model)
does a macbook pro 2010 have a firewire or thunderbolt port
- Asked by Lynda B from Urbandale
- 27 Jan 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (does a macbook pro 2010 have a firewire or thunderbolt port)
Is this a Thunderbolt 3 type connection? Does it have the new USB-C type plug?
Just ordered the new (October 2016) MacBook Pro and need a cable to connect my Firewire 800 drives to it.
- Asked by Kevin L
- 28 Oct 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a Thunderbolt 3 type connection? Does it have the new USB-C type plug?)
No, it is not a Thunderbolt 3 type connector (USB C), you would need to connect this connector to a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 connector. I have not seen a Thunderbolt 3 to Firewire connector from Apple.
- Answered by Seth B from Fort Lauderdale
- 11 Jun 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this a Thunderbolt 3 type connection? Does it have the new USB-C type plug?)
Thunderbolt -> Firewire capacity?
Is there a limit to how many Firewire drives I can daisy chain off one Thunderbolt port? I have about 7 units
- Asked by Calvin H from Glendale
- 1 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt -> Firewire capacity?)
Could I use this adapter to connect my Digidesign 003 factory to my iMac thunderbolt connect or would it lack sufficient power?
No answers yet
Can the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter be used for capturing video from DV recorders and/or cameras? Thanks in advance for any response
No answers yet
Will this work with the new Macbook Pro thunderbolt 3 (usb-c) ports?
- Asked by Jonathan S from Astoria
- 29 Oct 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the new Macbook Pro thunderbolt 3 (usb-c) ports?)
Enough to Power my Audio sound card?
I am so excited with this release and I am not at home to check the power consumption of my sound card!
Would it be able to power my:
M-Audio 1814 FireWire sound card???
- Asked by John M
- 1 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Enough to Power my Audio sound card?)
I have 7 currently. The max is 63.
- Answered by Calvin H
- 18 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How many FW800 devices can be daisy chained up at the same time?)
Yes, i have a retina mbp, and used it to transfer from my old mbp, both running the new snow leopard
- Answered by Anonymous A
- 5 Sep 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Has anyone been able to use this with Snow Leopard?)
Highly unlikely as it can't power my external G-TECH drive.
Time to upgrade to the Duet 2 to be safe...
- Answered by Chris B
- 15 Oct 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this adaptor allow me to connect the Apogee Duet (1st gen) to my Mac?)