Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
186 Questions from the Community
can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad
i want to have a second screen for my xbox one s when friends want to watch TV
- Asked by Jane M from Whittlsea
- 12 Jul 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad)
No, this only works as video output from your iOS device. It will not work as an input.
- Answered by James R from Midland
- 17 Jul 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad)
Does the Lightning port on the adaptor allow for the iOS device to sync as well as charge? i.e. Is the Lightning port Only for Charging?
Can I use this adapter with headphones while using the hdmi cable?
While one side uses the HDMI cable, the other side has the Lightning port, can I use the headphone adapter from apple on this port?
- Asked by Dan S from Elizabeth
- 31 Mar 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter with headphones while using the hdmi cable?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?Answer
Lightning Digital AV adapter is signal output only.
Digital audio and video from iPhone / iPad are transmitted from lightning connector towards the HDMI connector.