Payment & Security
Read about the variety of payment options offered on the Apple Online Store, and how the tax on your order is calculated.
Choose a topic:
- Can I change my payment method?
- Are my credit card details secure?
- When will my credit card be charged?
- Why was my credit card payment not processed?
- My credit card was declined, can I re-authorize it?
- Can I change my billing address?
- Can I place an order using a non-Malaysia credit card?
- Will my Apple purchase attract additional bank fees?
The Apple Online Store accepts a variety of payment methods. Click on a payment method below to find out more.
Troubleshooting credit card payment errors
- For new or recently reissued card, the card needs to be activated first.
- Check that the card details entered are correct, the card type (Masters/Visa/American Express), card number and the expiration date.
- Remove any dashes or spaces for the card number.
- If you do not have sufficient credit limit, please check with your card issuer.
- If everything seems to be correct, contact your card issuer. Your card issuer may need to verify with you before they authorise your purchase.
To prevent any unnecessary delays in processing your order, please ensure that the billing address on your order and credit card account matches. If you have recently moved or are unsure of your billing address, please contact your credit card-issuer to confirm.
The credit card security code is a unique three or four digit number printed on the front (American Express) or back (Visa/MasterCard) of your card.
When Apple charges your account
When you place an order, Apple will contact your credit card's issuing bank to confirm it is a valid account. Apple requests an authorisation, which holds the funds for the full or partial purchase amount.
Apple prepares your items, authorised funds will be unavailable and your card will only be charged after your order has shipped. If your order contains multiple items and they ship at different times, you may see multiple charges on your credit card statement.
If you cancel your order before it has been billed, Apple will contact the bank within 2 business days to request the authorisation reversal. Any authorisations placed on your credit card account can take up to 30 days to reverse, depending on the credit card issuer. Contact your financial institution for their specific timeframes.
Credit cards accepted
- American Express
Note: Please note that the shipping lead time starts upon confirmation of payment receipt.
Can I change my payment method?
The payment method for an order cannot be amended once the order has been submitted to Apple. To chose an alternative payment method, you will need to cancel your existing order and place a new order with your preferred payment method. Please note that when cancelling credit card orders, it can take up to seven (7) business days for the payment authorisation to be removed by your credit card company.
Are my credit card details secure?
The security of Apple Store servers is closely monitored to prevent any unauthorized disclosure or use of credit card numbers and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. The Apple Store uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) industry standard, the highest level of security available today for web-secured applications. SSL relies on a pair of public and private key technologies provided by Verisign, Inc. and based on a 40-bit encryption algorithm developed by RSA Data Security, Inc.
When will my credit card be charged?
When you place your order, Apple requests authorization to charge the order amount from your credit card company. If you ordered more than one item, there may be multiple authorizations. Once we receive approval, Apple reserves the amount on your card until the items are available to ship. Your card will be charged when your order ships. If you ordered more than one item, there may be more multiple charges as items ship separately as they become available.
Why was my credit card payment not processed?
Your credit card company may have declined authorization to debit your card due to one of the below mentioned reasons. If such a situation arises, we will inform you of this via email:
- There may be a credit limit on your account
- The incorrect card type, number or expiry date was accidentally selected when placing the order
- There were dashes or spaces in the account number that could not be recognized
- Your bank requires verification from you before authorizing the purchase
- Your card may be recently issued and has not yet been activated
Can I change my billing address?
Your billing address is the registered address that your credit card company holds. Please ensure that your billing address is correct at the time of placing your order. Once your order has been accepted by Apple your billing address cannot be changed as it would have already been authorized by your credit card company.
Can I place an order using a non-Malaysia credit card?
We accept payments from customers with billing details in United States, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Philippines.
Will my Apple purchase attract additional bank fees?
Please check with your card issuing bank regarding additional services charges applied by your bank. Any service charges imposed by your banks are not reflected in the order value on the website.