I have old Pioneer Plasma tv with no HDMI slot but my cable box has HDMI slot. Will Apple TV work on my plasma if connected to cable box HDMI slot?
1 Answer from the Community
Most likely not, because the hdmi ports on your cable box are used to connect a TV to the box to play the content coming through the box from your cable company. These are called output ports and are usually labeled HDMI OUT or just HDMI 1, 2, etc. If any of the HDMI port on your cable box are labeled HDMI IN, then they would be used to route an HD signal from, let’s say, a DVD player through your cable box to your TV.
If your old Pioneer plasma TV is the type that connects to its own media center box, so that you don’t have to go behind the TV display unit every time you want to change or add a new an input device, then you can connect the Apple TV to one of the Pioneer’s HDMI IN slots on the back of the media center. I hope this helps.
- Answered by Tom S from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Which HDMI slot on a Samsung television should I plug in the HDMI cord into
- Asked by Philip T from West Palm Beach
- Jun 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Which HDMI slot on a Samsung television should I plug in the HDMI cord into)
hdmi ports on my TV do not work but the rca inputs do. Can I connect my apple TV to my television with a HDMI to RCA (3 prongs)?
- Asked by Robert R from Valrico
- Jul 2, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (hdmi ports on my TV do not work but the rca inputs do. Can I connect my apple TV to my television with a HDMI to RCA (3 prongs)?)
We have the HDMI box and a Samsung Smart TV. Does that mean we have Apple TV?
- Asked by Carol L from Centennial
- Mar 1, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (We have the HDMI box and a Samsung Smart TV. Does that mean we have Apple TV?)