What takes up system storage
I have an iPhone 5s that can hold 12GB of storage. However, my phone keeps on telling me that I have 'no free space', which makes sense seeing as my phone also tells me in the settings app that I have used up 11.9GB out of my 12GB. But when adding up all of the data from all of my apps (including music and photos ect) it only came to just over 3GB. I understand that the IOS system itself would take up some storage but I doubt it would take 8GB worth (bit of a ripoff on Apples part if so), so what could be taking up all of this space?
- Asked by Caleb F
- Flag as inappropriate (What takes up system storage)
1 Answer from the Community
Depending on the version of IOS that you're using, it is very possible that it can take up 8GB of space. If you go to settings>>general>>storage and scroll all the way to the bottom it will tell you how much space the system is occupying. If you scroll through the apps you will also find out how much space IOS is occupying. In my case for an iPhone 7 the system occupies 8GB of space while IOS 11.1.2 is occupying 496 MB, meaning that approx 8.5 GB of space are occupied from the start.
- Answered by Fiona D from Northampton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Software update does it take any space in the iPhone storage ??
- Asked by Maryam A from Uxusj
- Jul 18, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Software update does it take any space in the iPhone storage ??)
there is no sound when I take video
- Asked by Ellen M from Lansing
- Jun 10, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (there is no sound when I take video)
No answers yet
does apple take cash in the stores?
- Asked by Cris A from Lawrenceville
- Jun 2, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (does apple take cash in the stores?)