1 Answer from the Community
First, OS 10.10 was free. Never had a "price".
Second, both OS 10.9 and OS 10.10 are discontinued and not available. Apple discontinued those versions because any Mac that can support OS 10.9 or OS 10.10 can also support OS 10.11 (the current version, which is also free.)
The only other OS X versions still available from Apple are OS 10.6, OS 10.7, OS 10.8. They cost US$20 each.
You must have Snow Leopard (OS 10.6.8) or later in order to upgrade to later versions of OS X.
To go to OS 10.11, use the App Store app that is installed with OS 10.6.8 and later versions.
(To upgrade to OS 10.7 or OS 10.8, go to the online Apple Store to purchase a redemption code which then will let you download and install through the App Store app.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can Mac OS 10.6.8 be upgraded to 10.10.10? Can 10.10.10 be connected to the cloud?
- Asked by Janet K from New York
- Dec 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can Mac OS 10.6.8 be upgraded to 10.10.10? Can 10.10.10 be connected to the cloud?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
will yosemite 10.10.4 work with protools 7 or8
- Asked by Paul S from Sacramento
- Aug 1, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will yosemite 10.10.4 work with protools 7 or8)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
No answers yet