How does it work to run Windows 10 with Parallels, in a MacBook Pro 2017?
Good Morning! I'm an architecture student, and many of the softwares I use are not available for MacOS, so I thought that I could use Parallels to run the apps made only for Windows, but can someone tell me if it's good and if it really works? And how it works? Or there are other better ways to do that?
- Asked by fn from Aracaju
- Flag as inappropriate (How does it work to run Windows 10 with Parallels, in a MacBook Pro 2017?)
1 Answer from the Community
I have parallels running on my Mavbook Pro (2015) as some of my vendors send me files that are only PC compatible. Parallels works very well and is also quite fast to open. Sometimes there is a slight lag so if you need to do ultrafast stuff like gaming it might not be ideal. Overall I am happy with Parallels as I have the ability to use both operating systems. For the most part, they are seamless and can readily tranfer from one environment other other. However occasionally I find a glitch in specific software packages where it is not possible to copy and paste between the Mac side and the PC side. But within the windows side, there are no issues whatsoever.
I hope that is helpful.
BTW, I am a chemist and use several chemistry specific software programs.
- Answered by Brad S from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is it bad to use Amy MacBook Pro while charging ?
- Asked by Chamod H
- Nov 6, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (is it bad to use Amy MacBook Pro while charging ?)
Will it work on 2014 Macbook pro w/ retina. Windows 8 for software.
- Asked by Juli S from Grangeville
- Apr 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work on 2014 Macbook pro w/ retina. Windows 8 for software.)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Usb-c to usb adapter to use apple superdrive for MacBook Pro 2017 ???
- Asked by Mohammad M from New York
- May 21, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Usb-c to usb adapter to use apple superdrive for MacBook Pro 2017 ???)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter