I have lion 10.7.5 installed on 2011 iMac which runs with no problems ( 8 gb ram) Is it worth risking my sanity by upgrading software to El Capitan
The blogs show that the likely hood of problems are high? The numbers of dissatisfied users of El Capitan is scary
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, definitely! I just did it on my 2011 MacBook Pro (only 4gb ram). Took forever, but it's like a new machine. Wish I'd done it sooner!
- Answered by Daniel B from Santa Barbara
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have today just upgraded my mid 2010 Snow Leopard Imac to El Capitain and it is fine- but I did upgrade the memory from 4 - 16 before downloading the upgrade.
- Answered by Diana B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I upgrade directly from OSX 10.7.5 to El Capitan?
- Asked by Deb C from Summerdale
- Nov 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can I upgrade directly from OSX 10.7.5 to El Capitan?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
I have a mac mini Mid 2010 10.7.5 how far can it be upgraded?
- Asked by Lynn C from Saint Clair Shores
- May 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a mac mini Mid 2010 10.7.5 how far can it be upgraded?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
How do I upgrade from Lion version 10.7.5 to Yosemite or later
- Asked by China L from Barcelona
- Jun 26, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I upgrade from Lion version 10.7.5 to Yosemite or later)