If I'm running Window on my MacBook Air, what Microsoft office do I install? Office for Mac or office for windows?
2 Answers from the Community
You could use both. Its your choice and preference. If you were using Boot Camp, to install Windows, it is a true and native installation to your mac. When in Windows, you can use your copy of Microsoft Office for Windows. If you were to be in macOS, install Office for Mac.
Its that simple.
- Answered by Vincent N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you're running dua boot...Mac and Windows...you're most likely running Windows in a virtual machine (VM) on your Mac; therefore, you would want to use Windows version of Microsoft Office and Office for Mac on/under the Mac OS. This will give you the correct version for the OS you happen to be using at the time. Mac apps/programs won't run in Windows and vice versa due to the different OSes, but under dual boot, using a VM for Windows, you can run Windows/Microsoft programs/apps in the VM with little or no problems. Same goes when using the Mac OS, the Mac apps/programs will work, but Windows apps/programs won't.
Hope this helps you out.
- Answered by Ronald P from Nampa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I run microsoft office on a mac
- Asked by Mary G from Springfield
- Aug 24, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can I run microsoft office on a mac)
Is 2011 Office for Mac compatible with 2016 Mac mini?
- Asked by Shauna H from Prince Frederick
- Jul 6, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is 2011 Office for Mac compatible with 2016 Mac mini?)