Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
Majority of medium format camera digital backs equip with Firewire connectivity instead of USB 3.0, is this adapter capable to be used to connect and power a digital bak of that kind, so as the image transfer? For brand like Phase One, Leaf or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
2 Answers from the Community
i have tried, couldn't power my phaseone P65+ for files transfer, but when you set to use the battery on digital back, transfer works fine.
- Answered by Xiaofan S from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I am currently running six daisy-chained firewire 800 drives on my macbook pro retina now and copying back and forth between drives at the same time. No issues what so ever.
So I assume it can support the digital back. You can always return it if it doesn't work out to Apple store. Good luck.
- Answered by Calvin H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How do I check if my Mac is backed up on ICloud?
- Asked by Meir E from Great Neck
- Aug 6, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I check if my Mac is backed up on ICloud?)
will there be enough power available from the new macbook to connect a multi-usb hub through this adapter's usb port?
- Asked by Michael P from New York
- Mar 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will there be enough power available from the new macbook to connect a multi-usb hub through this adapter's usb port?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
I'm going to university and I was wondering if a macbook pro 13', 128gb will be enough? I will have Microsoft office, Sage and Antidote like programs.