Using MIDI in place of keyboard / mouse?
I use Ableton Live, a music DAW when performing live. I use an external monitor, storing the macbook closed beneath my keyboard, and use a wireless mouse to open new sessions within ableton. Each song is saved as a project, so when transitioning from one song to the next I must click on the 'file' dropdown menu at top left, select open ... select song. They are all saved in 'recently opened', so there is no finder window involved, all done in just two clicks on the file dropdown.
Other than opening the songs, I have really no need for the monitor, so I was wondering if there was any way I could bypass the display altogether and have a MIDI controller control opening new songs. Ableton has very good MIDI support WITHIN the application, but I'm having trouble finding any solution for mapping MIDI to a system command like opening a new session.
Any help or links to articles I may have missed on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Brian M from Burlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Using MIDI in place of keyboard / mouse?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Suitable for use with Logic Pro X?
- Asked by J G from Winter Springs
- Sep 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Suitable for use with Logic Pro X?)
- Asked about: AirPods
No answers yet
Can this be used along with the airport extreme but be placed in a different part of the house?
- Asked by Brianna P from Malaga
- Dec 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used along with the airport extreme but be placed in a different part of the house?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express