what kinds of discs can this take?
I know its a weird question but discs have different region labels like; Region 1: U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada, and Bermuda;
Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and the Middle East, including Egypt. I know mine plays american discs (region 1) but the movie I want only comes in a region 2 formant (unless I want to spend upwards of $80, which I don't). Does any one know if it would play region 2?
- Asked by Natalie W from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (what kinds of discs can this take?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
1 Answer from the Community
I have this SuperDrive attached to my Mac Pro. According to the System Profiler it handles the following formats:
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
According to Apple's Support Communities the region of the SuperDrive DVD player can be changed up to five times, on the fifth change the region is permanently locked within the drive. If you plan on collecting DVDs from different regions you may need to have a DVD drive (Apple or otherwise) for each region.
- Answered by Wallace K from New Berlin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how long does it take for the battery to discharge? And likewise for magic keyboards?
- Asked by Mehrdad M from Concord
- Jul 31, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (how long does it take for the battery to discharge? And likewise for magic keyboards?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2