Will this enable a mac to support the resolution of 2560x1080?
I have the 29EA93-P (LG 29" Ultra-wide screen IPS monitor) and I cannot seem to get the max resolution (2560x1080) with any of the necessary cables. Will this product solve that problem?
- Asked by Julie C from Belrose
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this enable a mac to support the resolution of 2560x1080?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
4 Answers from the Community
SwitchResX app solved this problem for me.
- Answered by Grzegorz G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Dose your monitor has a display port?
I try to connect my 27" monitor from mini display port to HDMI and DVI. It limit lower resolution.
I got cable witch connect mini display port to mini display port. I could get 2560x1080.
Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) to DisplayPort Cable in Black 6 Feet - 4K Resolution Ready
- Answered by Kenji U from Whitestone
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have the 29EA73 ultra wide and a MacBook pro 13" you can't get 2560x180
You just set the highest you can when you click on system preferences
Then display you can set 1080 then where it says arrange click on that
To take you to next screen where you can set the highest there is
I always get a box on screen telling me its not set to 2560x1080
But Macs don't support that size but the picture quality on mine is very good
- Answered by Alan S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I regularly to run 2 external monitors each at 2880x1800 off a late 2013 rMBP. Trouble- and flicker-free. Excellent product. I don't understand what the beef is about in other postings related to this adapter. Hope this answers your question.
- Answered by Jimmy G from Redlands
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Adding a second display of 2560 x 1080 Resolution to a 2017 iMac 27" , will the GPU allow the Retina display to remain at 5K?
How do you "mirror your MacBook display to your HDMI-enabled TV or display in up to 1080p HD" when 1080p HD is not a supported resolution?
- Asked by Stuart R from Clearview
- Mar 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you "mirror your MacBook display to your HDMI-enabled TV or display in up to 1080p HD" when 1080p HD is not a supported resolution?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Will this extension cable enable a ground connection?
- Asked by Christian W from Staten Island
- Sep 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this extension cable enable a ground connection?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable