Will OS X Lion 10.7 work on my older MacBook4,1.
2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 667MHz DDR2
3MB L2 Cache.
- Currently Running 10.6.8
- Asked by fn from Canberra
- Flag as inappropriate (Will OS X Lion 10.7 work on my older MacBook4,1.)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, Lion 10.7 will work on Macbook 4,1 (Early 2008 White Macbook). I have the exact same Macbook / ram / 10.6.8 as you and have felt increasingly compelled to purchase and install 10.7, mainly for security concerns, as it is still supported by Apple as well as Java security updates, and also 10.7 will run the still-supported Safari 6, unlike 10.6 which is stuck with Safari 5 and it's gaping security holes. Firefox 30 is great but I will also use Safari 6 if I install Lion.
- Answered by Rl B from Shreveport
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I upgrade MacBook4,1 (early 2008) to anything 10.9 or higher?
- Asked by Michael D from Walla Walla
- Sep 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade MacBook4,1 (early 2008) to anything 10.9 or higher?)
does the Super Drive work with an older Mac: macbook: mac OS X version 10.5.8
- Asked by Pamela F from Lawrenceville
- Feb 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does the Super Drive work with an older Mac: macbook: mac OS X version 10.5.8)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive