Can I use this cable with a card reader?
I have an (unpowered) SD USB card reader, if I connected this to it, using a female to female USB adaptor, would it allow me to transfer photographs to the iPad? I know the Apple camera connection kit will do this, I just wanted to save myself some extra expense.
1 Answer from the Community
To answer my own question, no it does not work! I now have my iPad and have tried to transfer photos using my card reader, and also directly from a camera using this cable, connected via an adaptor, without success. Looks like I'm going to have to fork out another £25 quid and get the Apple Camera Connection kit. Ah well, nice try!
- Answered by John C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with an SD card reader?
- Asked by Katelyn F from Cave Creek
- Jun 19, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an SD card reader?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
No answers yet
I have ipad air is there a cable with a 2.0 usb female connector want to plug a card reader to Ipad
- Asked by Mike F from Clayton
- Jul 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have ipad air is there a cable with a 2.0 usb female connector want to plug a card reader to Ipad)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)