How do I use a dial-up connection on Mac Pro. I need to use a land line for data transfers.
1 Answer from the Community
Here are all steps to use a PPP. It is also available on apple's website support.
1. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
2. From the View menu, choose Network.
3. Choose "Internal Modem" from the Show pop-up menu (or the "Configure" pop-up menu prior to Mac OS X v10.1). If your computer does not have a built-in modem, select your external modem.
4. Mac OS X v10.5 or later: From the Configuration pop-up menu, choose Add Configuration. Mac OS X 10.4.x or earlier: Click the PPP tab.
5. Enter your information into the relevant fields. Your username goes in the Account Name field, for example. If you want to copy this connection information to other user accounts on this computer, select "Save password".
6. You should now be able to connect. If you need to configure DNS servers or other advanced settings, continue to the next step.
7. Mac OS X v10.5 or later: Click the Advanced button, then click the DNS tab.
Mac OS X v10.4 or earlier: Click the TCP/IP tab. Choose either PPP or Manually from the Configure pop-up menu, as instructed by your Internet service provider. If configuring manually, type the IP address in the matching field.
8. Type the DNS server addresses in their field if necessary (click the "+" button first in Mac OS X v10.5 or later).
9. Click OK.
10. Click Apply (or Apply Now for Mac OS X v10.4 or earlier).
- Answered by Sara K from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
- Asked by Arvin V
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
I have just bought a 15 inch macbook pro and need to connect it to my old 13 inch white macbook (2007 model), which cable should I use ?
- Asked by Dipti H
- Aug 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I have just bought a 15 inch macbook pro and need to connect it to my old 13 inch white macbook (2007 model), which cable should I use ?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard