Is this cable of better quality than the standard one that came with my iPhone? The one that came with my iPhone is falling apart.
My Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable that came with my iPhone is falling apart and it's less than a year old. The plastic casing around the wire leading into the dock connector is peeling in strips and the wires are exposed. I just want to know if the cable I'm interesting in purchasing is of better quality than the standard one that came with my iPhone. Seems like there was a bad batch!
2 Answers from the Community
First, every cable I've ever gotten with the iPhone(first the 3G then the 4) has fallen apart within a year. For a company that makes such an awesome phone they seem to be terrible at designing a cable built to last. As for my answer I don't know if this one is any better but I do know the cable is included under the warranty. Since it's within a year of buying your phone just call up Apple and they will replace it. At least they did for me. Unfortunately, though that one also just fell apart on me and my warranty has since expired. At least I didn't have to pay for two though. Seriously, call them. Their cables are terrible and the more they have to replace them under warranty the better the chances of them designing a better one will be.
- Answered by Greg M from Joplin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
All of the cables we have received with the iPhones and iPods have fallen apart. they are horrible :(
- Answered by D M from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
i have an iphone 4s and need a cord to charge from my computer
- Asked by Chris R from Oshkosh
- May 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (i have an iphone 4s and need a cord to charge from my computer)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (0.5 m)
I am curious about the sound of the AirPods... Will the sound be reproduced though one or more drivers to create a better sound dimension?
- Asked by David L from Laredo
- Sep 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (I am curious about the sound of the AirPods... Will the sound be reproduced though one or more drivers to create a better sound dimension?)
- Asked about: AirPods