is the USB part of this adapter USB3? I would like to buy a USB3 powered hub to hang off of the adapter, but I won't waste my money if it is USB2.
1 Answer from the Community
An AppleCare rep helped me to look at the inside of the USB cable. There were 2 defining characteristics that told us that it was a USB 2 cable. There was no blue, and there were only 4 contacts.
- Answered by Michael G from Cranberry Township
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the USB side of this adapter limited to USB 2.0 speeds, or does it work at USB 3.0 speeds with USB 3.0 devices?
- Asked by Will M from Charlottesville
- Nov 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB side of this adapter limited to USB 2.0 speeds, or does it work at USB 3.0 speeds with USB 3.0 devices?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter