Is this the part that I need for setting up a dual Monitor on a Mac Pro???
I have just purchased a Mac Pro 8 core 2.66 for video, websites and graphic design. I currently have two perfectly good Samsung P2250 22-Inch Widescreen Touch of Color monitors. I would like to set up a dual monitor system. Is this the part I need to achieve this?
1 Answer from the Community
No. That is for display's 30 inches or larger. The Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter is what you are looking for. Keep in mind on that particular Samsung there is a feature called Multi-screen, which is like screen inside a screen allowing different views on for Windows users it was exciting to have 2 views, for Mac users it's called Spaces & we aren't limited to 2; so it's not a big thing. However, if you're desperate to go retro with those monitors and run the Multi-view, you will have to do it in Windows. Otherwise, enjoy your awesome system (I have major system envy) with dual screens using those adapters and spaces if need be :-)
- Answered by Shawna H from Cedar Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do I set up dual ADC monitors to a Mac Pro (that contains one DVI port and one Minidisplay port)?
- Asked by Megan B from Burbank
- Oct 8, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up dual ADC monitors to a Mac Pro (that contains one DVI port and one Minidisplay port)?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
i need to no what charger ineed i have the part number
- Asked by Cher S from Panama City Beach
- Nov 18, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (i need to no what charger ineed i have the part number)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI
- Asked by Franklin B. D from North Quincy
- Oct 13, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter