Will this cable adapter allow me to connect my late 2008 Macbook Pro, 15inch, to an Asus PB278Q 27inch monitor? Flawlessly?
I am trying to upgrade my monitor, coming from an ages old 21inch Acer.
1 Answer from the Community
I am pretty sure it will but it is a very expensive way of doing it. I recently purchased a Philips 27" 2560 x 1440 screen and was on the point of buying one of these connectors to get the 2560 x 1440 resolution working from my mid-2009 15" MacBook Pro. In the end I realised that if I connected the 3.5 mm sound jack connector and the USB connector from the MacBook to the screen (both of which came with the screen) all I would need in addition was a Mini-Display Port to Display Port connector to complete the connection. In the UK, I managed to buy a StarTech MDP to DP connector for £8 which is a lot less than the £85 Apple charges for the MDP to Dual-Link DVI adapter.
The key point to check is that the third party screen has a Display Port input. It looks as if the Asus PB278Q does.
- Answered by Robert W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
T or L shaped 85 MagSafe power adapter with my 2008 15-inch MacBook pro
- Asked by Robin B from Hollywood
- 19 May 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (T or L shaped 85 MagSafe power adapter with my 2008 15-inch MacBook pro)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…
Will this adapter allow me to connect an LG 27UK850 monitor (with USB-C) to my MacBook Pro (13", Early 2015) using a Thunderbolt 2 cable?
- Asked by Philip B from Rancho Murieta
- 22 Apr 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow me to connect an LG 27UK850 monitor (with USB-C) to my MacBook Pro (13", Early 2015) using a Thunderbolt 2 cable?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Will the USB multiport allow me to connect the HDMI cord to my TV?
- Asked by Sabirah A
- 17 May 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the USB multiport allow me to connect the HDMI cord to my TV?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter