Can I use this adapter to get sound to my TV? The picture is coming through but not the sound.
1 Answer from the Community
the VGA cable is only used to display the image on your screen. The VGA isn't capable of transferring the sound through the television. if you want sound try plugging the mac into some speakers. but if you want the sound coming out of the television, you have to get an HDMI adapter, which is also sold in the apple store.
- Answered by Ray C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this adapter also carry sound, or is it picture only?
- Asked by Hollie W from Atlanta
- Jan 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter also carry sound, or is it picture only?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter
Lightening to 30 pin adaptor - will I get TV picture signal from an IDTV tuner/receiver
- Asked by Katie R from Letchworth
- Sep 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightening to 30 pin adaptor - will I get TV picture signal from an IDTV tuner/receiver)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter