Can I hook the express up to my cable router that is also hooked up to my other D-Link wireless router? Would I be able to have two wifi routers on?
1 Answer from the Community
That is the way we are running our network now. Although they are different brands. The cable router (Motorola) is hardwired to an Apple Airport Extreme, it in turn is wired to an airport express as well as wirelessly to a second airport extreme. The whole system runs just fine. The two airport extremes publish the same SSID whereas the airport express has a different name with the stereo attached to it.
- Answered by Jan B from Parksville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a Verizon WiFi Router hooked to my TV. Will the Airport Extreme Router cause any problems with the Cable Router?
- Asked by John R from Englewood
- Jun 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Verizon WiFi Router hooked to my TV. Will the Airport Extreme Router cause any problems with the Cable Router?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can I combine two wifi routers
- Asked by William S from Katy
- Oct 16, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I combine two wifi routers)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Can Airport Extreme be used with a combination modem/router?
- Asked by Gerald G from Gold Canyon
- Jul 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Airport Extreme be used with a combination modem/router?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme